Since the year 2002, Sharada Mahila Vikas Society(SMVS) has been working towards the development of women, youth and children in the rural, tribal area of Jhagadia and nearby villages of South Gujarat through a variety of progremmes.
These activities were initially started in 1985 by SEWA Rural. Subsequently, SMVS was established with the support of SEWA Rural, as an independent body for the development & empowerment of women by women’s active involvement with approach conducive to their growth.
- To help women realise their latent potential and to empower them.
- Economic development of marginalized women
- Empowerment of adolescent girls and boys
- Children Education and Development
- Healthy Family Life
- Active Contribution of Women in social development
- Vocational Training
Unfolding women’s inherent potential and expanding “the spirit of motherhood” for the larger cause by organizing the women and their groups.
- All women and adolescent, irrespective of caste, creed and economic status: for various programmes of awareness, empowerment, education, health etc.
- Women of economically poor and socially deprived strata : For economic activities and informal saving and credit programme.
- Children of economically and socially deprived families for educational activities.